Day 356 on #AYearOfBuses takes us back to South Wales – and a port town dating back to the Middle Ages.
Pembrokeshire County Council’s route 356 runs from the port town of Milford Haven, on the north side of the Milford Haven Waterway, to nearby Pembroke Dock and Monkton.
Milford Haven’s port dates back to the Middle Ages. It’s situated on an estuary forming a natural harbour, which gave birth to a port first in 1790, which in turn had developed into a Royal Navy dockyard by 1800. These days, it’s a massive energy port, home to one of the world’s largest LNG terminals.
Image credit: Ed Webster